Thanksgiving will be here before we know it! Are you all ready to eat some turkey??? We are trying something that Gary has wanted to do for years and that is deep frying a turkey. Ben have you had one before? It seems like someone has but I can't remember who. We bought a deep fryer yesterday and hope it turns out well. So far our menu consists of deep fried turkey, regular oven baked turkey, ham, potatoes, rolls, cranberry sauce, stuffing, yams, cherries for the ham, scalloped corn, green bean casserole, pretzel jello salad, regular salad, baked beans (don't ask...Adrian's request) and pies. Am I leaving something out? Any requests? Michael, mom had said you and Amanda offered to make the pies. We will take you up on that if you are willing. Let me know what you need (if you have a certain recipe you follow) and we will have the ingredients here. I only have 2 pie plates though - will foil ones work?
Last I talked to mom it sounded like pretty much everyone is staying in a hotel. Jeremy I am planning on your family staying here if you are still coming. Last time we talked you sounded a little up in the air. We have plenty of room. Not a lot of beds but plenty of room. Marilyn, Gary's Aunt Gerry, and the Melander's will be here also.
Mom and Dad is there chance you would be able to bring over some folding chairs? If my math is correct we will be about 10 short if everyone comes. Marilyn said she would bring some too. Maybe you could each bring 5. We are good on tables just not the chairs.
Not much else going on here. Anthony is hoping the orthodontist will tell him on Wednesday that he can get his braces off. Seems like a quick year and half! Adrian has decided to wrestle again this year after all. Of course he made this decision after the last pee test was conducted. He is hoping the wrestling coach will set up one more this week that he can attend. Practice starts Monday the 12th.
I am finally on the mend I think. I don't know how many of you heard from mom and dad that I was pretty sick there for about a week. I really thought it was my gallbladder - still not convinced it wasn't. Turns out I got really dehydrated - that makes you pretty sick! I drank 4 bottles of Pedialyte in less than 24 hours and my nausea and weakness finally started to subside. I am still being pretty careful with what I eat and don't want to venture to far from home, but it will have been 2 weeks on Tuesday. Of the 10 lbs I lost I have gained back 5. As long as I am good for Thanksgiving!
Not to leave Gary out, but I wanted to end with a story. A few weeks ago we were all at Adrian's football game at a high school down the road. Anthony and I in one car, Caitlin & Brandon in theirs, Gary in his, & Adrian on the school bus. We all left the parking lot and had made the plan to come back to the house, get in one car, and go pick up Adrian to go to dinner. The kids and I got here pretty much at the same time and we were waiting and waiting for Gary. He finally pulls up and we were asking what took him so long.....turns out he drove to the wrong house! This was just a few weeks ago so we found it pretty amusing.
1 comment:
Momma I have a glass pie pan I can bring too. And let me know what else you need us to bring. I told Grandma about you needing another bundt(?) pan, but I can go buy one too if you need a third! We could always use more kitchen supplies anyways.
Post a Comment