Saturday, July 25, 2009

Another day at Lucky Peak

It was going to be a beautiful day & Caitlin had to work at 4 so we left here at 9:15 this morning and headed to Lucky Peak. The kids left about 1:30 & Gary and I stayed to fish. Being as how it was about 100 degrees you can only guess that the fish weren't biting but we gave it a good shot anyway. The fish finder was telling us that the fish were about 90 feet deep but we had no luck. We left the lake at 5. Yes, we both are resembling cooked lobsters right about now & can't quite shake feeling the rocking motion as if we were still on the boat. We decided to go to dinner at the Kodiak Grill which we saw featured on a Food Network show. The grill is actually the former Hilltop Cafe just above Lucky Peak. Our food was good but to many flies & the service wasn't fantastic. Things always look more glamorous on tv!

I took so many pictures that I just made an album/slideshow. I will try to post it in the center for you to watch but it may be on the side. It was nice to have Caitlin be able to go with us & Anthony spent more time on the tube. You may wonder why you don't see me in any of the pictures...Gary seems to have a listening problem when I am on the tube. I say slow down but somehow he hears go faster. We are still working on this. My speed is the speed we went the day we took Marilyn with her bum arm (sorry Marilyn). 20 mph on a tube feels like you are going atleast 50 - either that or I am just a big chicken!

No comments: