Tuesday, October 6, 2009

OUCH!!

This afternoon Anthony came home from school & sat on the stairs gingerly pulling off his tennis shoe. I asked if he hurt his foot & he said yes but didn't go on to elaborate. He then went on to carefully pulling off his sock, that is when I noticed a blood splotch on his sock and still he did not go into details...after he removed his band aid this is what I got to see:

Evidently last night after we sent them up to bed he "slid" running in his room and tore a patch of skin off his foot. Now if you have ever seen Anthony's room - there isn't room to be running. He never said anything - not one peep last night or this morning. He went all day wearing his tennis shoes, endured a pe class, and still nothing. I had a hard time believing that this came from a rug burn but he stuck to his story. I had him show Gary tonight after football & Gary had the same response I did. He had Anthony go up and show him how it happened & we still don't understand. We asked him why he never said anything to us last night to which he replied "You said don't get back out of bed unless it is an emergency so I didn't say anything."
Gary's response was "Well, your foot is still attached so I guess it wasn't an emergency!"

I don't know about the rest of you but I am thinking it is a little to close to my 'cutting my hand on the back of the toilet' story. How he cut the inside of his left foot when his bed was on the right side.... just doesn't add up.

No comments: