Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Quick Weekend Away

Friday afternoon we headed to Twin Falls for a goose/duck Chinese dinner with some friends of Juanita & Ray's. I'll be honest in saying I really didn't think I would like it but I ended up being surprised! We were served goose soup, sweet & sour goose, goose & duck fried rice, general tsao's goose, goose & duck al ma dine (sp?), and goose & duck noodles. I liked everything but the general tso's. The boys of course ordered off the menu but Adrian did try a few different bites and like the noodles quite well. Needless to say there was more food than what we could eat. This friend of theirs brought in 45 lbs. of goose & duck and they prepared it all for him and served to probably about 45 people.
We got up the next morning and headed to Logan to see Caitlin. This was the first time we had been down since we dropped her off at school in August....I know bad parents but it isn't like we haven't seen her every month. Unfortunately Caitlin was sick....she has completely lost her voice and was just drained so we really didn't do much. She gave us a tour of where she is living now, where she will be living this summer, & this fall and then we decided to go to lunch at a place called Angie's. At Angie's there is a tradition of "Cleaning the Sink" Now we were told that it is approximately a gallon or more of ice cream, we got to pick 3 toppings, and then it also had bananas, whipped cream, and peanuts.
The Sink!
Since this was technically our lunch we order a few appetizers to go along....mozzarella sticks, deep fried mushrooms, & chips & salsa. No need to worry about your waistline when you feast with us!
Gary began dishing up for us since we were thinking we had a boat load of ice cream to get busy eating.

Needless to say it was cleaned without a problem! We decided there was definitely not a gallon of ice cream in the sink but there was a lot. After this we basically just bummed around, ate again a mere 4 hours later and then went to get some famous Aggie Ice Cream made on campus. The boys were bottomless pits this weekend! I don't think the rest of us will need to eat for a few days.

No comments: