Happy Sunday everyone! I thought I would share a story with all of you that we are still chuckling about almost a week later. Last Monday our power had gone out during the day. That afternoon I told the boys they would need to fix their clocks and alarms. I didn't ask them again as we went to bed that night I just assumed it had been done. I woke up about 5 am to go to the bathroom and noticed the tv was on downstairs and Adrian was sound asleep on the couch. I knew he wasn't feeling very well and just assumed he had woken up and couldn't go back to sleep. Now, he gets up religiously every school day at 6 am and bathes, but that morning I let him sleep till 6:30 and then went to wake him up. I tried shaking him and said it is 6:30 do you want to get up and bathe? "No", he replied, "I already did". I said no, it is just now 6:30 so you need to do it now. Adrian comes back with "No, mom I already did it at midnight."
Adrian said his alarm went off and he just got up, shut it off, and went right into the bathroom. When he came out 15 minutes later he looked at his clock and thought that it couldn't be right, so then he looked at his phone and realized what had happened. He decided to get dressed and come down and watch tv till he fell back asleep. Since he had only gotten 3 hours of sleep he was obviously still tired.
Now, as great of a story as that is, the saddest part is that neither Gary or I heard the bath running at midnight - and Adrian always runs a full tub - nor did we hear him go downstairs. It's those kind of nights that makes y0u think what if someone had tried to get into the house....Would you wake up?
No comments:
Post a Comment