Thursday, June 17, 2010

Boating at Blacktail

This past weekend we went to Henry's Lake and man the weather was not nice. It was windy and cold and the lake was white capping all day on Friday. Saturday we got out for a little while and I managed to catch a 3 lb. brookie. Gary informed me that it was a trophy mount fish so I agreed to keep him. Gary had caught another fish and it was on the chain with mine. We decided to go across the lake to fish more and took off on the boat totally forgetting that the fish were on the chain hooked to the side of the boat. Needless to say my fish was to darn big and his hook was bent open and he was gone by the time we realized what we had done. We went out bright and early Sunday morning and Gary proceeded to catch 7 fish in a row and I didn't even get a bite! That afternoon myself, Gary, Adrian & Marilyn went back our for a few hours before heading back home and spent 2 hours with absolutely nothing and just as we were reeling in to go home I got a fish. Believe it or not is was another brookie (so I was told!) but it slipped out of Gary's hands before we could decide what to do with. Oh well, we did come home with 3 fish and we gave them to the neighbors who were very thankful.
Monday we went boating at Blacktail. We started out the morning at 64 degrees when we got up there and ended the day at 75. It would have been nice to be warmer but atleast the sun was shining and there wasn't much of a breeze. Somehow though we all managed to get burned pretty good. Dad came up and met us for a spin on the boat. Now I am sure most of you have heard by now -if not be prepared for a good laugh- but dad gave me his keys and his hat for safe keeping since he was going to ride on the tube with the kids and I somehow managed to dump his keys in the reservoir right by the dock! It was horrible!! The water was 6 feet deep and extremely cold so we really couldn't get down and to try to find them. I now owe dad a new set of keys and a remote key fab to boot. He is going to see if he can find a diver to search for them but we aren't sure he will be so lucky. On a brighter note Adrian got up on the wakeboard for the first time. I did get a photo of him - I think it will only turn out sideways though - and by the time I switched over to get video he had wiped out. The water was so cold he only tried it twice and then was done.
The other thing you may hear about is how our dog, Charlie, bite Adrian while we were at Henry's. One spot wasn't to bad but the other had tissue kind of poking out. I called Michael to see if there was a urgent care in Yellowstone that would be open (it was 10 pm) but he said the closest would be in Rexburg. We weren't sure if he really needed to be looked at but thought it would be best just in case. So we loaded up, drove to Rexburg, got there around 11, saw the dr. and we were back on the road by 12:15. They cleaned the wounds good and the dr. said just the one she could put a stitch in but prefers to leave it alone so that it can drain. They gave him an antibiotic for a week, the rest of the ointment they used, and sent us on our way. The wounds are healing nicely and atleast Adrian isn't afraid of the dog. I am not totally convinced about him but the consensus is to give him one more chance and he no longers gets the toy he was chewing on.
Hope you all enjoy the videos!

No comments: