Two weeks ago we ended up going to Lagoon instead of Spokane. First our trip started out with a detour in Jackpot where I hit a Royal Flush on vidoe poker and won $1085. It was fantastic!!! That was my first time winning that big so I was pretty excited. We got up Sat. morning and made the drive to Lagoon. We crossed over the Bonneville Salt Flats - I had never seen them and thought they were pretty neat. We spent most of Saturday at Lagoon. Since Anthony and I aren't big ride people we did a fair amount of watching and playing some of the carnival games. Gary and Adrian did the swing launch (I don't know what it is called for sure) and some dragster cars. They also tried the new rollercoaster called Wicked. Adrian couldn't get enough of it I do have video of some of this but like on the swing launch video it isn't them. Oh, and you will have to excues my video taking capabilities....I turned the camcorder sideways so that you could get the full effect on some of the rides. It is hard to get in just how high the ball & swing launch really are. On Sunday we again spent the full day at Lagoon. This time Gary & Adrian did the ball launch. Again I have video of that but the actual launch isn't them because I wanted to be able to record their faces on the tv that was set up to watch everyone. One ride we all rode was the Tilt A Whirl and we were laughing so hard we were crying it was great! They also got me on the old white roller coaster - granted I had my eyes closed the entire time but atleast I rode it. Adrian tried to talk Gary into doing the swing launch again but wasn't successful. Gary said that was one ride that makes a man out of you. He was kind of shook up the rest of the night.
Monday morning we drove to Logan and took Caitlin to lunch, went on a walk and headed home. It was a great weekend and very relaxing.
This past weekend we went out boating for the first time this season and what a time we had! First we get up there with Adrian and two of his friends, get the boat unloaded, and then it wouldn't start. After a few failed attempts we turned the boat around in the water (yes it was tricky) and Gary pulled the truck down the ramp as far as he could so that we could jump start it. That was a sight! We had 2 jumper cables attached together to make them long enough and Adrian in a near panic standing in the water to make sure the cables didn't hit the water - obviously not the brightest parent moment! Anyhow, after several failed attempts we determined that we needed to load the boat back up and just go home. While we are loading it up we send the boys to play in the water and decide that maybe we should just go buy a new battery. So we did and while we were out the boys said they were hungry so we had to buy dinner too. By the time we got back to the lake it was 6:30 - originally we had gotten to the lake at 3:30. Once again we got the boat in the water, got it started, and off we went. We cruised for a few minutes then stopped to blow up the tube. Adrian starts saying how the boat won't quit peeing - the bilge pump was pumping water out the side of boat. We started flipping the pump switch but water kept coming out. We didn't know what was going on. Gary finally lifted up the cover to the motor and there was a fair amount of water in the well. He realized that he had put a plug in the wrong hole! He quickly got that fixed and once again we were on our way. After pulling the boys around for several minutes I noticed that the tube looked low. We asked them but the boys said it was ok so we kept going. Gary makes one turn, whips Benson out to one side and he does a face plant in the water. As we are turning around to get Benson the tube folds in half on Adrian & Zach! There was a huge hole in the tube. Our favorite "sofa on water" is now in the trash. It just seemed like it was one bad thing after another that night. We ended up being on the lake for 2 hours and had fun but it just got chilly. It was still 68 but the sun was behind the clouds and the boys were shivering as they came out of the water.
Tomorrow we are headed to Henry's lake for the weekend. The forecasted high on Friday is 49 with a 50% chance of rain/snow....I doubt it will make for much fun fishing. I already have my long underwear packed. We are so tired of the rain! Who knows though we could possibly have some great fishing.
I hope everyone is doing well and hopefully my videos will work on youtube. Sorry they are so short. We haven't completely figured out our new camcorder. Each time I stopped recording it starts a new video so there are several short videos to watch.
No comments:
Post a Comment