Saturday, October 29, 2011

It's been awhile...

Life just seems to be whizzing by lately.  I can't believe November is just a few days away.  Football season ended Wednesday night with Adrian's team taking the Meridian Middle School Championship for the 2011 school year.  They played under the lights at Rocky Mountain High School and won 14 to 12.  It was so cold that night - 38 degrees.  He was very excited.  The team was recognized at the Varsity game Friday night.  He is now ready for high school football!  Wrestling season starts Monday and he is now trying to decide if he wants to do it again this year.  It is such a time commitment.   Thursday was the first day since school started that he was able to come home right after school.  If he wrestles he won't have that option until almost Christmas break.  It takes a toll.

Below are some picutres that I have been meaning to post and am just now getting around to it.  These first few are from a day when we decided to go to the Bruneau Sand Dunes.  It was pretty hot that day and Charlie did not want to walk on the sand.  We took sleds but Anthony had a heck of a time coming down in his.  Adrian took his RC truck and had fun zipping it up and down the dunes until it died about mid way up a dune.



 It doesn't look that far way in the picture but it was almost at the top of the dune.  Not a good place to quit running!


This picture is from the Saturday we were in Idaho Falls and Gary, Adrian, & Brandon went hunting.  They came up on this cattle truck that had overturned. 


With the cold weather coming on, Anthony thought it would be a good idea to build Charlie a dog house so that he could stay outside while we were gone during the day.  He and Gary have been working on it the last few nights and have been painting it this afternoon.




This is the tree in our front yard.  I love the bright red colors. Out of the 5 trees we have in our yard you would think they would drop their leaves at the same time but they don't.  Today Gary & I raked up one of trees that is almost done dropping.  I am hoping that by having a fence it will keep out leaves of neighbors who don't rake.  Every year it seems I get our all cleaned up and then a big wind storm comes up and blows leaves all over our yard that some neighbor chose not to rake up.  Stupid to get frustrated about such a thing I know, but I do. 

Not much else has been happening.  Do you all have the link to Caitin & Brandon's blog?  If not it is on the right hand side of mine.  By reading hers you will know they came to visit last weekend.  It was great having them here.  I love having everyone together.  It just makes everything seem right. 

No comments: