Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Happy Birthday Gary!
This weekend we celebrated Gary's birthday since Marilyn was here. We had the presents sitting on the counter to open later in the day. If you notice in the picture there is a small bowl of peanuts on the right. We were cleaning up breakfast and Gary was reaching for a peanut when OOPS his hand slipped and tore a hole in his present. Then low and behold it happened again. So I decided to take care of the situation and wrapped the presents with packaging tape. I thought this would deter him but no. I had left the scissors on the counter and he came in picked them up and OOPS again. He told the boys it isn't good to run with scissors because he ended up poking another hole. So I broke out the packaing tape again - wrapped the presents up some more and then stuck them to the counter. Then he started in on the gift from Marilyn. It just wouldn't end.
He had quite the time getting them opened.
He had the boys pretty much rolling on the floor with laughter and it was entertaining. He had a good day. We spent the day playing Settlers of Catan trying to figure out new expansion packs and then went out to dinner at Cool Hand Lukes. I think we are going to go to dinner again tonight since today is his birthday & possibly Coldstones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment