Thursday we spent the afternoon checking out Las Vegas. We went to the Pawn Shop from the show Pawn Stars. Tons of people walking
through a small store. For those of you who watch Chumley definitely seems to be the store's biggest selling merchandise. We didn't see anyone that is regularly on the show but it was interesting to walk through. We are terrible at taking pictures and I don't believe we have any from there. We ate an early dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe which was right next to the Joint where the Def Leppard concert was being held. We walked through the Hard Rock Casino which had displays of a lot of Def Leppard items. To top off the night there was a black light KISS miniature golf course across the street that we had to check out as well. Again no pictures...(of the KISS golf)
Notice the Def Leppard sign in the background??
Friday night was the concert. The tickets we bought were for standing room only which as you can tell from the pictures below really weren't that bad. The counter that Adrian is sitting on is where we stood all night so we had something to lean against and really no one in front of us.
The guitar player in front, Phil Colins (I probably didn't spell it correctly) is Anthony's idol.
Def Leppard saying good night. They played as their own cover band Ded Flatbird for about 45 minutes, took an intermission, and came out playing songs from Hysteria for about 1 1/2 hrs. I should have taken a picture of Adrian because he was bored and stood with his chin on his hand almost the whole time.
Picture of the 1st drum set created for the drummer after he lost his arm. This picture is a little out of order as it was in the Hard Rock Casino.
Friday during the day we had a great brunch at the Mirage and then walked up and down the strip. We stopped at the M&M store, the Coke Store, walked through some casinos. Adrian & Gary rode the roller coaster at New York New York and loved it.
Saturday night we went to Fremont Street and ate at the Heart Attack Grill. Now, I thought it was just a touristy type thing, but the food was so greasy none of us felt very well the next day. When you walk in you have to read their menu and disclaimer then you are give a bracelet that says "I had a bypass at the Heart Attack Grill". Then you walk through "admitting" and are given a hospital gown to wear.
The waitresses are dressed are nurses and the food servers are dressed in scrubs. There is a scale in the center of the room to weigh your self. If your weight is over 300 lbs. you eat for free. There was one guy who qualified for this while we were there. When we were placing our order some guy across the restaurant was getting paddled by one of the nurses. I asked our waitress\nurse why that was happening and she said that is what happens when you don't eat all your food. Now thankfully Gary & I had already decided to split a single burger & fries. Anthony only order a burger & coke. Poor Adrian however ordered a burger, fries, and a brownie shake that said on the menu if they added any more cream to it it would turn to butter. While we were eating there was at least 5 people that got paddled. Adrian did make it through all of his food but he was not well afterward at all and into the entire next day.
Anthony really doesn't weigh 99 lbs, but I was slow to take the picture when he first got up their so he was just posing for me.
(this one is a little out of order)
Adrian weighing post meal
We did have a good time. Adrian's highlight would have been driving up and down the strip multiple times seeing the flashy cars. He saw Maserati's, Lamborghini's, Porsche, Hummer limos, and I don't know what else. He was taking a ton of pictures.
Next concert on the agenda if it can work is Motley Crue in September or October at the same venue, The Joint. The guys really want to go so we will see what happens.
Not much else going on here. This is my only day this week that I haven't had something going on after work. I feel like I need to do something or go somewhere except I don't really have the energy! The boys haven't even come home since school got out so the house is really quiet right now. That will end soon enough as I think they are both coming back at some point with friends for an evening of gaming.














No comments:
Post a Comment