Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Our summer / weekend project

Ever have an idea that you think OK, we can do that and just take our time to get it done?  Then you realize how excited you are to see the finished project that you just work and work to try to get to the end.  That is what we have gone and done.  When we had our backyard finished we really only planted one tree and a few bushes up against the house - 4 I think.  We feel like we are constantly staring into the neighbors house behind us so we wanted to give ourselves something to look at.  We had one grand elaborate water feature/stream planned out, had a landscaper come out, trashed our idea and came up with one that would only cost us roughly $25,000!  We got to hear about how he came over from Hawaii and use to landscape for millionaires...not sure why he couldn't figure out we aren't millionaires.  Anyway several ideas later, we had a landscape company cut out sod last week and now we have a project. 

The fire pit isn't finished but we are pretty close.  The pipes you see in the back are for a water feature and potentially a gas line.  Gary is a little more advanced in the idea area than I am as the gas line is in case we ever want to change have a fire pit with glass in it. The plan is to build the water feature our selves in time.


Mom you were asking how the tree was included.

 
Basically the entire fence line  in the backyard was dug up.  We will be planting more trees, plants, bushes, etc.  Like I said our plan was to take a month or so but the way we operate it will be done before long.
 
Not much else new in our neck of the woods.  Adrian is now enrolled in the summer driver's ed program so he is pretty excited.  Poor Adrian is pretty much the only one out of his group of friends that 1. doesn't have a license and 2. doesn't have his own car.  I know oh woe is Adrian.....that is how he feels but we were all there at one point.  Anthony is more than ready for school to be done so he can start working and making bank as he puts it.  He is thinking he would like a new/different car before he goes to college next year.  One that will do better in the snow so he is planning on saving everything he earns. 
 
Well it is almost my bedtime and I am still trying to figure out if I need some dinner.  We worked in the backyard as soon as Gary got home and now that it is 9 I have had brownie & ice cream & strawberries but I think I am still a little hungry.  Hope everyone has a good week.

No comments: