
It seems like it has been forever since I have written on here but not much has been happening. I got on last week to post pictures of Utah State and ended up slightly frustrated. Instead of finding pictures of the school I wanted I saw headlines of 6 Utah State Students Die in Rollover; One Dies in Rollover After Swerving for a Deer, etc. on Google images. So I decided that Caitlin can't go to school down there unless she vows to never leave. So if any of you would like to see her you will have to drive to Logan for the next 4 years! Or she needs the best 4 wheel drive car, more hours of driving on bad roads and deer alert contraptions stuck all over her car. With that being said we did have a good trip to Logan over Spring Break. The drive wasn't too fun but we arrived safely. She still laughs that the old man in the CAR passed us quite quickly and we were in the Avalanche- there was snow & ice on the road. The Thursday we went down was for Scholar's Day. It was a day for the students that had recieved scholarships and an opportunity for them to apply for research fellowships. She wasn't interested in a fellowship so the day wasn't quite what we were hoping for. Caitlin likes to put it as a day for people to talk about how smart they are. So we bailed just before dinner, checked into our hotel, ate a Mexican restaurant people kept talking about and drove around a little. Friday morning we were back at the school by 8:30 for Aggie Day. She was given a backpack and the kids were seperated into groups based on their major. Parents were in another group. This day was so much more what we needed. When we met back up for lunch she was so excited and so was I. She took a tour of the campus, had a mock class, toured new housing, and had the famous Aggie ice cream. She made friends with a few girls from Capital High in Boise, found a friend from Eagle High and really had a great time overall. That afternoon she signed her scholarship papers and made it official. As long as this first year goes well and she wants to remain at the school she will have to live in Logan next summer to gain residency in order to have her 2nd year tuition covered. We found out 2 days ago that she will be getting a scholarship from the Meridian Classifiied Employee Association. She should find out on Tuesday the amount. We know that it will be a minimum of $250 and the highest I have heard it can be is $750. Any amount is fantastic and greatly appreciated.
We went to her end of the year cheer banquet Tuesday and their dvd has a tribute to her being the first ever Sr. Cheerleader at Rocky Mtn High. It is a little sad to think that after 5 years cheer is over but I think she is enjoying her down time.
Not much else is happening. We painted our garage last weekend and I think we are going to tackle the inside today or maybe our porches. Anthony has been sick again the last two day but seems to be feeling better so far this morning - at least no fever. We still need to dye eggs but the boys just don't seem that excited about it. I guess that is normal as they get older but it is still sad.
For those of you considering coming for Caitlin's graduation: It is Saturday May 30th at 7 pm. I would like to have a bbq that afternoon with everyone. Later that night she will be going to the all night party and I think Gary & I will be there helping out. We don't have a ton of room for everyone but can fit a few people here. There is always the option of pitching our tent too. I apologize that it is a real inconvience but we just don't have the room.
We hope everyone has a Happy Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment