Tuesday, April 21, 2009

WAHOOOOO!

At the beginning of the year I paid $10 to join the Meridian Classified Employee Association for 2 years because I was told that they offer scholarships to graduating seniors of parents who belong. Last week Caitlin went to the Ram Restaurant for dessert to meet the other recipients of the scholarship. There are 4 other srs. beside her. She was told that night that they would be mailing her a letter to notify her of the amount because it had yet to be determined. I know of 2 students in the last two years who had received $250 & $750. They state on the application that the scholarship would be a minimum of $250.

Today in the mail Caitlin received her letter stating that she will be receiving a scholarship in the amount $900!!!! We are so excited!!

Of course this will just cover part of her housing or meal plan for one semester but anything and everything helps. We are very thankful.

1 comment:

Matthew Curtis said...

That's awesome! I had a lot of fun on Sunday and Colleen was jealous, so we'll have to do it again soon.