Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Is It Friday Yet????

What a week it has been and it is only Wednesday morning! I am ready for several hours of calm & quiet. I don't know what we were thinking when we thought it would be a good idea to get a dog for Anthony. I think I pretty much hit my breaking point this past week so over the weekend we priced doing a fence ourselves. We came to the conclusion we could do it several hundred cheaper than the lowest bid so I sent off the paperwork to get approval from our homeowners assoc. That in itself is pretty stupid - we own the house but need approval to build a fence on our property. AGH!!! I guess it just gives me piece of mind that hopefully it will be sooner than later. It was my stipulation before we even got a dog but somehow we got all caught up in the puppy cuteness.

I think yesterday was the worst day so far this week. First off Jake is still vomiting so I walked out the door to go to work to a nice pile on the driveway by the truck. Then for some reason we thought it would be a good idea to take Charlie with us to get our haircut in the afternoon. Amanda (who has cut our hair for 9 yrs) has 2 yellow labs and we thougth they could play together. So to start off the trip Charlie decided not to eat his breakfast until after I got home from work. He then proceeded to toss up everything he ate on the way to Amanda's who lives in Nampa. While we were there all went well and then it was time to drive home. I didn't know that dogs could have projectile vomiting! He threw up more on the ride home. Thankfully he was in his kennel but somehow it still managed to land on the seat next to Anthony. Twice he did this. I don't know if he was car sick - he was in his kennel- or if it was the smell of McDonald's we had gotten on the way or if he just didn't feel good. So needless to say when we got home we had a dog to bath, kennel to clean out, clean the seats in the truck, make dinner, homework, airsoft wars, etc. It was quite the day. I have had headaches for 4 days now so that doesn't help me either.

Well I guess that is enough of me griping for the day!! I am off to work for what can only be another joyous day of phones ringing off the hook & perturbed parents because they can't run Sally down her homework & interrupt the teacher in the middle of class to just talk to real quick, or go see Johnny in his new glasses that Johnny forgot to bring to school. I kid you not! Some days it is ridiculous and has been every day this week - that is only two day of working.

1 comment:

Ben, Faith, Simon, and Dylan said...

Oscar gets car sick. We bought him some stuff called Pet Ease that we give him before any car ride that lasts more than an hour. He's never thrown up, but he whines and looks and acts dizzy and confused when he's in the car and for a few minutes after getting out. The Pet Ease really helped though.