We are headed to McCall this weekend for Adrian's first football game & Caitlin is coming home. I just hope she makes it safely as she is driving 2 other girls who are from Boise. Hope all is well with everyone elsel.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Oh the Drama!
This picture is more for Caitlin to see but since it is on here I might as well tell everyone the story. Jake has had what we were assuming was a cold for a while again now. It hasn't been near as bad as it was back in April. When I got home from work today I just assumed he was sleeping somewhere and didn't really look for him. I went upstairs a few hours later to change, saw him on the side of our bed with a very dried bloody nose, blood on his paws (presumably from trying to clean himself), and he wasn't breathing very well. I immediately called the vet and was told to bring him right down. They took him right back to make sure he was stable and about 10 minutes later took us back to a room. The vet came in and explained that like humans, cats' can blow capilaries in their nose by sneezing to hard so that might explain the blood. She recommended that we do blood work to check for aids & leukemia since that was also suggested back in April if the anticiotic hadn't worked. She also recommended taking xrays since he vomits about once a day to see if there is something else going on. What an afternoon! For right now we went w/ the blood work but they had a heck of a time getting blood out. The vet assistant said they would probably be about 10 mintues. 30 minutes later they brought Jake in w/ all four legs bandaged. She said that he really had no blood pressure. They needed (if I remember correctly) 3cc's and they could barely get .5 out of a leg. They ended up poking him in all 4 legs & the neck to get the blood they needed. I have to call in the morning to get the results & from there we will decided what the treatment options are.
First day of school went well for the boys. Adrian only ended up in the wrong class once & believe it or not had said on Sunday that he was actually looking forward to going to school! Of course today is another story but it still went well. For Anthony it was no big deal. He has Jared (his best friend) in 4 classes so that makes everything all right. Only a few kids asked him about his leg to which he replied that he got in a shark attack. Needless to say they didn't believe him no matter how many times he repeated it, so then he had to explain what was really going on, but it sounds like it wasn't to big of a deal. Caitlin is on her first college date tonight going to the new Brad Pitt movie. She was both excited & nervous.
We are headed to McCall this weekend for Adrian's first football game & Caitlin is coming home. I just hope she makes it safely as she is driving 2 other girls who are from Boise. Hope all is well with everyone elsel.
We are headed to McCall this weekend for Adrian's first football game & Caitlin is coming home. I just hope she makes it safely as she is driving 2 other girls who are from Boise. Hope all is well with everyone elsel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What happened to Anthony's leg? You can't have a lead in like that and not deliver.
Post a Comment