Sunday, April 22, 2012

We have a hole!

What a week it has been!  Would you believe we had another fire at work???  Friday about 10 a lady that sits 2 cubbies down from me comes down the aisle saying that the fire alarm will be be going off and it is not a drill.  We all gathered up our stuff and no alarm....some of us sat back down figuring maybe it wasn;t going to go off, but maybe a minute later it goes off and out we all file.  Here come 4 fire trucks again.  First I would like to know why so many.  Is it based on the size of the building & the number of people inside?  I thought that when more than one engine showed up it was considered a 2 alarm, 3 alarm etc.  Ben maybe you can answer that question??  Anyhow, it turns out that there was a problem with the air conditioner unit on the roof above the cafeteria.  Black smoke was pouring through the vent in the cafeteria.  The fireman were suited up again, had out their axes and ladders.  We were let back in the building about 30  minutes later and the cafeteria was still closed up for bit while the fireman were checking everything out.  It is amazing to me after something like that people are upset when they can't go into the cafeteria to get water, ice, lunch etc. The cafeteria did open for lunch a short time later.  Wonder what this week will bring???

Well we finally have a hole in the ground as of Wednesday and Thursday.  I believe we may have cement tomorrow.


On the right side will be where the stairs come down & the storage area.


 The section on the left will be where the 2 bedrooms downstairs will be. 

I was trying to get the whole basement in the shot, but I couldn't fit it all in on my phone.

We spent yesterday getting the attic cleaned out.  It is amazing how hard it is to part with some belongings.  It is also hard to get much accomplished because the boys just love to go through boxes and the things they remember or get a kick out of.  Anthony rifled through all of Gary's old records.  Adrian was just checking out everything leaving behind more of a mess!  It was another gorgeous day and we rode 11 miles on the greenbelt.  Charlie went along for the ride too.  He had no problem keeping up, in fact he was pulling Anthony the first 5 miles, but he was getting pretty tired on the way back to the truck. I am so glad it is finally getting warm, but I really don't want to go back to work tomorrow though!

1 comment:

Curtis Family Republic said...

I don't know how the alarm thing works. As Simon likes to point out, "The REAL firefighters come when a building's on fire." I do know in Republic the 2 or 3 or 4 alarm fires are based on how many times they have to ring the alarm that everyone in town can hear before enough people show up. On church day we've probably had 14 alarm fires.